- Week 24 (14-06-2021 to 20-06-2021)
- Webapp version: 2.5.2
- API version 0.1.52 (details)
What is the IXON weekly update?
The IXON Cloud and IXON’s API are updated weekly with bug fixes, changes to the platform and new features. This weekly update informs you on everything that was added to, changed and fixed in the IXON platform this week.
In this week’s release there are no groundbreaking changes, but a larger amount of overall progression. There are some small features and quite a few improvements and bug fixes that will increase overall useability and styling of the IXON Cloud.
String values are now supported for the live status and status bar components. This will increase the options when trying to visualize the status of a machine which is sent in as a string value in the PLC. Please note that a Cloud Logging license is required to use the statusbar component, or other data visualization components.
You can now see when the session on the devices you’re logged into expires. This way you can see when you need to log in again on one of your devices. You can find this info in Account > My Profile > Login and Security.
When creating a device template from an existing device, you can now use a search bar to find the device, making it easier for users with larger amounts of devices.
As mentioned before, there are no groundbreaking changes or improvements this week, but there are six smaller changes all meant to improve the overall useability and styling.
- The validation of Wi-Fi passwords was loosened, allowing a wider range of passwords to be entered through the IXON Cloud and configuration files.
- There were some improvements on the visuals regarding odd-sized screens.
- Licenses in demo devices can no longer be disabled.
- Identifiers won’t copy special characters anymore, preventing error messages when creating names with special characters.
- Fixed a styling issue which caused tables in the Fleet Manager to not get centered when no VPN client is installed
- Fixed a styling issue where the CSV-export button appeared a little too large in the studio. After removing services in the Fleet Manager, these services are no longer visible on page cards.
- Fixed an issue where text entered in VNC also appeared in the Portal’s search bar.
- Fixed an issue where you went to a different page then the default page of a device after clicking on the device from map view.
- Fixed an issue which caused a VPN status notification of ‘Disconnected’ to briefly appear when closing a VNC viewer
- Fixed an issue where the IXON Logo was shown instead of the logo that was set up for that company.
- Fixed an issue where you would see a variable selection across data sources with devices with multiple data sources.