- Week 20 (17-05-2021 to 23-05-2021)
- Webapp version: 2.4.2.
- API version 0.1.48 (details)
What is the IXON weekly update?
The IXON Cloud and IXON’s API are updated weekly with bug fixes, changes to the platform and new features. This weekly update informs you on everything that was added to, changed and fixed in the IXON platform this week.
This week we introduced a number of small new features, improvements and bug fixes that will improve overall usability and stability. Some parts of this release will provide a major performance improvement for companies with a large amount of devices and or data tags in their IXON Cloud company.
Users with large amounts of devices can now more easily search for their devices because a search bar was added to the list of devices.
When you invite someone to your IXON Company, the invitation is only valid for a limited time period. This is for security reasons. The expiration date can now be seen in the user overview of the Portal app. This makes it easier to see when you need to resend the invite.
Additionally, some smaller new features were introduced in this weeks update:
- Added custom call to
onDestroycallback on destruction of Svelte-based components
- Added automatic focus to the One Time Password input field for the 2 Factor Authentication form
- Added accessibility annotations to login form
The release of this week contains performance improvements for users with large amounts of devices and data tags. This means that if you have many regular or data logging pages, the pages will load faster.
After you have completed a device registration, the continue to device button used to link back to the device registration page, you now get redirected to the device settings in the Fleet Manager app automatically. This change will reduce the amount of clicks necessary to activate a device.
The looks of the VPN data usage page in the Cloud connection status widget have been improved to increase the readability of the graph.
The message sent with an invitation can now be larger than one line.
This weeks release includes six performance related bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue that prevented entering ‘0’ as the address for a Modbus variable
- Fixed a number of smaller issues with BACnet/IP data sources
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from disconnecting VPN if they are not in the same company as the device that they are connected to
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Forgot Password’ request
- Fixed hourly graph of VPN Data Usage chart
- The fill in empty cells option of the data table component didn’t work due to a bug, this is now fixed, meaning that empty cells will actually be filled when the option is selected.