- Week 22 (31-05-2021 to 06-06-2021)
- Webapp version: 2.5.0.
- API version 0.1.50 (details)
What is the IXON weekly update?
The IXON Cloud and IXON’s API are updated weekly with bug fixes, changes to the platform and new features. This weekly update informs you on everything that was added to, changed and fixed in the IXON platform this week.
This week, we deployed a VPN Client update complimentary to the usual IXON Cloud and API updates. This VPN Client update is applicable to all operating systems. The IXON Cloud platform update contains an often requested feature: the ability to copy and paste components, in the studio as well as a large amount of bug fixes.
- VPN Client version: 1.3.0
- Operating system: Windows, MacOS & Linux
This week a new version of the VPN Client was released. To use the VPN Client update, you have to install it on your computer. You can do so by clicking on the notification in the IXON Cloud
The update most prominently contains updates for the systems that are being used to create a secure VPN connection. The following system updates are included in the VPN Client update:
- OpenVPN version 2.5.2
- OpenSSL version 1.1.1k
- Stunnel version 5.59 (For Windows and MacOS only)
What is stunnel?
Stunnel is the protocol that the VPN Client and the IXON Cloud use for the Stealth Mode, which can be used to bypass restrictive network environments that block VPN.
The logo for the localhost webpage of the VPN Client was updated to support dark mode.
Several bug fixes that prevent potential VPN Client crashes are included, most notably a fix for an issue where the Windows VPN Client could erroneously report a connected status.
Components can now be copied and pasted in the studio editor. When you copy and paste, components and all settings configured in the component will be copied. Components can be pasted in different pages than they were copied as well.
When you try to change your LAN IP address or network mask to an address that has been added as an address reservation, you now get a message saying that this address is already reserved. Previously the setting couldn’t be configured, but you didn’t get notified about this.
- Improved performance for large data actions, like big variable imports.
- Various styling improvements
- You no longer get a warning for missing licenses in the connection monitoring part of the device template. They were unnecessary because you cannot add a license to a device template.
- The VNC toolbar is now hidden in landscape mode on mobile devices. This prevents the toolbar from obstructing view.
- Fixed an issue with old query requests getting “retriggered” when time range changes
- Fixed an issue where more than 26 queries on a page would cause metrics to get mixed up
- Fixed an issue where the page link list and card selector would show weird behavior if the user does not have access to that page or card.
- Use smaller granularity when dealing with shorter time ranges in the status bar component, this way more details will be shown in the component.