ACT light blinking

I have several IX routers in the field and all of them work fine, except for one. This one shows as being online in Fleet Manager, however I cannot connect via VPN. I noticed that the ACT light is blinking blue and never goes to a solid blue. I’m assuming that it is not establishing a proper connection, which is why I cannot via VPN. I checked my connections and I have a good connection as the light is showing solid blue. I have connected the IX router by wi-fi and Ethernet and both have the same ACT blinking light. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi Alan,

Can you check if VPN is enabled on the router? You can do this with the following steps.

• Go to the IXON Cloud Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different IXON Cloud app.
  • Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
  • Expand the Network options and go to [VPN] .
  • There you can check if VPN Access is enabled.

If this doesn’t solve your problem, just send us an email at support@ixon.cloud. Our support team is happy to further assist you with troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I checked and the VPN is turned off, however when I try to turn it back on I just get the busy spinning wheel and nothing happens. I will send an email into support.

Regards,

Alan

1 Like