Custom components JSON manifest

Hello,
regarding this point of the IXON Cloud 2.3.2 release:
A new feature for developers of custom components is included in this week’s release. They can now validate their own manifests because a component manifest JSON-scheme was added.
I would like to know if there is any documentation on this.
Thank you.

Hi Fedex,

We do have some documentation on this. You can request access to the full custom component documentation by sending an email to support@ixon.cloud. But to help you get started, I will share some information on the manifest format here.

Each component must define a manifest.json file in the root of the package that describes the component. Here is an example of the format:

{
  "id": "ix-text-note-1",
  "name": "Text",
  "description": "Displays a configured piece of text.",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "author": "IXON",
  "license": "MIT",
  "inputs": [
    {
      "key": "title",
      "type": "Text",
      "label": "Title",
      "placeholder": "Enter the title"
    }
  ]
}

id

The name of the Custom Element that the package defines.

name

The public name of the component, visible in the Studio.

description

A short description of the component.

inputs

The inputs list describes all the inputs for the component, which eventually translate into component properties in the Studio. Inputs are for configuring the component on a page, for example the text that it should display or a device’s tag it should monitor.

Key

The logical name of the input, which will be used to provide the input value in the component code as this.context.inputs.<key>

label

The text to display in the component properties dialog above the input field.

placeholder

The text to display in the component properties dialog in the input field if it has no value yet.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Dennis